IGP Lazio Rosso
Produce the best wine possible and give it to the most precious of Friends. With this spirit comes the Alessandro Wine, in limited quantities, as true friends are.
Elegant and balanced wine, obtained thanks to low yields in the vineyard and high maceration in the cellar. Twelve months of aging in barrique. Tasty dishes and great elaboration such as hare, wild boar, or rabbit are matched with a wine that is both complex and structured.
Download technical sheet (PDF)
- Ruby-red, deep and steady.
- The wine shows an olfactory range extremely wide, subtle, and particularly intense. Sensations derived from the used variety (raspberry, cassis, strawberry), from refining in wood (vanilla, coconut, pepper, liquorice, cloves) and eventually from bottle refining (greatly prominent balsamic scents; resin, cedar, pine) coexist.
- Alessandro appears extremely rich and complex, endowed with a great softness and with a considerable structure at the same time. A wine with a great evolutionary potential, which is bound to surprise in years to come.
- A wine with great complexity and structure definitely couples with tasty and very elaborate dishes, such as hare, wild boar or rabbit.
- Production Area
- Merlot, Montepulciano, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Ratio Vines/Ha
- Soil Quality
- Clayey, sandy
- 180 m s.l.m.
- Vineyards Exposure
- Residual Sugar
- Harvest by hand in 15-kg perforated crates. Destemming and sending to the wine-maker; addition of selected yeasts. Thermo-regulated alcoholic fermentation (roughly one week). Post-fermentative maceration (roughly two weeks) Racking off the lees and soft pressing crushing of fermented marcs. Selection of the different fractions of wine. Malolactic fermentation in stainless steel. Entonnagein 225 litre barriques for 12 months.