IGP Lazio White
Calende comes from a precise native varietal choice, assembled with international grapes.
- Full straw-yellow, sign of good maturation of grapes.
- Aromatic impact is intense and persistent. Floral and fruity scents, especially hazelnut, chestnut and almond, are denoted.
- Attack is smooth and velvety. Evolution is lactic and well balanced. Finish is bitterish (walnut, almond) and persistent. Its great elegance and refinement, which make it particularly “ready” from the first months, strike. It is a fresh, young and extremely palatable wine, especially recommended for neophytes of wine, that is for the ones who approach oenological world for the first time.
- Coupling with white meat, soups, and goat cheese, at a serving temperature of 12-15°C is recommended.
- Production Area
- Malvasia, Trebbiano, Cherdonnay
- Ratio Vines/Ha
- Soil Quality
- Clayey, sandy
- 180 m s.l.m.
- Vineyards Exposure
- Residual Sugar
- Harvest by hand in 15-kg perforated crates. Soft pressing and selection of the different must fractions. Static clarification and separation of sediments. Addition of selected yeasts. Thermo-regulated alcoholic fermentation (roughly one week). “Sur lie” fining in stainless-steel and and weekly suspension of the lees. Cold tartaric stabilisation during the month of March. Blending during the the months of May - June